Where Is It?
Control Units, Various
Here's a useful list which I've put together of control units, the "brains", and their locations. Part numbers and locations shown are for my UK 1990 GTand may differ for other models and model years. Any info on the unknown control unit is welcomed.
1. Jetronic fuel computer LH 01. 928.618.123.14 On nearside footwell outer wall in frame with EZ-K unit.
2. Ignition computer EZ-K 02. 928.618.124.22 On nearside footwell outer wall in frame with LH unit.
3. Ignition control relay. 928.618.175.00 Clear box above EZ-K unit on the frame.
4. ABS control unit. 928.618.120.01 Large metal box above central electrics fuse/relay board.
5. VDO Lamp controller K1.3. 928.641.603.09 Attached to side of nearside parcel tray.
6. Unknown control unit. 928.618.136.01 Black box on offside footwell outer wall.
7. Hella Alarm unit. 928.637.104.03 Inside dashboard beside glovebox.
8. Additional Alarm control unit. 928.637.160.00 Blue relay-size box under console behind clock.
9. Sachs Central locking control unit. 928.618.113.01 Black box under console behind clock.
9A. Combined Alarm/Locking/Lighting Unit from 1991 (replaces 7, 8 and 9). Located beneath right-hand seat.
10. Cruise control unit. Aluminum box fixed to brake pedal bracket behind left hand cover under the instrument panel.
11. Multi-channel amplifier. Under carpeted panel by the outside of passenger seat.
Hope this is useful to someone. It took me some time locating item 8 for my modification to the central locking system. Much quicker if you know which unit is which.
Jonathan M Rackowe
1991 Porsche 928 GT, Manual, Baltic Blue/Linen Leather
928 Tips Home Greg's Home